- Credits: 4
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Governmental Auditing
- Author/ Speaker: Tax CE Publishing
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© Feb 2020||Basic Understanding of Auditing||eBook | Self-Study|
The Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards, also known as the Yellow Book, provides a comprehensive framework for conducting governmental audits with a focus on high quality, integrity, competence, independence, and objectivity.
- The Yellow Book is used by auditors of government organizations, entities that receive government awards, and any other audit organization performing Yellow Book audits.
- The Yellow Book outlines all requirements for governmental audit reports, professional qualifications for auditors, and audit organization quality control.
- This course will describe when the Yellow Book standards must be applied. This course will identify the types of auditors and audit organizations that may employ GAGAS to conduct their work.
- This course will identify the categories of requirements that GAGAS uses to describe the degree of responsibility imposed on auditors and audit organizations.
- Finally, this course will identify the ethical principles that guide the work of auditors who conduct engagements in accordance with GAGAS.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
Qualifies and approved with all state boards of accountancy and the following sponsorships: