- Credits: 2
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Update
- Author/Speaker: Danny Santucci, CPA
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|EWTFM-U-01631-20-S | 6233-CE-0357||None||Overview|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© February 2020||General Understanding of Federal Income Taxation||Self-Study eBook|
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act was signed by President Trump on March 18, 2020. Later on March 27, 2020, he signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, with a $2.2 trillion price tag. These Acts have been supplemented by pronouncements from the Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service. These emergency coronavirus provisions are intended to limit the spread of the pandemic, support relief efforts, and stabilize the economy.
This course is an overview and summary of tax provisions contained in the above legislation and government pronouncements. It provides a reference to selected individual, business, retirement, employment, filing, and charitable tax provisions adopted. The resulting major tax impact carries special meaning to the tax practitioner and return preparer. The course is intended to be a resource for tax professionals and staff alike to gain easy access to the most important major changes.
- Related Treasury & IRS notices and pronouncements
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act paid leave requirements
- Modified income tax filing & payment deadlines
- CARES Act tax provisions
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Identify permissible HSA payments, allowable FFCRA payroll tax credits and paid leave, postponement of tax filing and payment deadlines, the Stafford Act.
- Recognize the tax provisions of the CARES Act including recovery rebates, above-the-line charitable contributions, deferral of payroll tax, business loan forgiveness, employee retention credits, remote medical services, and unemployment benefits.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Tax Return Preparers (TRPs)