- Credits: 2
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Ethics
- Author/ Speaker: Davis Jackson, CPA
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© Jan 2020||Understanding of Ethics||eBook | Self-Study|
In this course, we will define ethics and provide you with reasons you should be encouraged to continue educating yourself with the goal of achieving the highest standards of ethical conduct.
The course will then discuss ethical reasoning and its application to common dilemmas that you may experience.
Next, we will review the core values of the CPA profession (integrity, objectivity and independence).
Throughout this course, you will be provided with case studies that demonstrate the application of ethical principles, values, and ethical reasoning.
While many of the prior ethics courses you may have taken merely required you to memorize the rules of professional conduct for CPAs, this course will attempt to encourage you to become educated in ethical principles and values as well as ethical reasoning as it applies to common situations that you may experience in your profession.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Recognize the meaning of ethics.
- Identify steps that you can take to resolve ethical dilemmas.
- Recognize the core values of the CPA profession (integrity, objectivity and independence)
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Tax Return Preparers (TRPs)
Qualifies and Approved with All State Boards of Accountancy and the following sponsorship’s: