- Credits: 4
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Ethics
- Author/ Speaker: Allison M. (Yee) McLeod, LL.M., JD, CPA
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© Jan 2020||Understanding of Ethics||eBook | Self-Study|
This course is specifically applicable to Texas licensed CPAs and has been approved by the State Board. It addresses the issues, developments, and unprofessional conduct covered by the Texas State Board of Accountancy. The ethical foundation for all CPAs is covered. Case studies dealing with current ethical problems are included.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- To educate licensees in ethics of professional accounting as Texas CPAs.
- To convey the intent of the Rules of Professional Conduct in the performance of professional accounting services/work, not to adhere to the mere technical compliance of such rules.
- To assist the Texas CPA in applying ethical judgment in interpreting the rules and determining public interest. Public interest should be placed ahead of self-interest, even if it means a loss of job or client.
- To review and discuss the Rules of Professional Conduct and their implications for persons in a variety of practices.
Who Should Attend:
- Texas Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Texas Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Texas Tax Return Preparers (TRPs)
Qualifies and Approved with All State Boards of Accountancy and the following sponsorship’s: