- Credits: 8
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Specialized knowledge
- Author/ Speaker: Paul J. Winn CLU ChFC
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© April 2020||Basic Understanding of Management||eBook | Self-Study|
Designing Qualified Plans to Meet Employer Objectives introduces students to the elements of a qualified plan design to meet the needs of business owners. It discusses qualified plan design issues as they apply to both large and small companies. The emphasis, however, is on small company plans specifically, qualified plans for those employers who have fewer than 25 employees.
The treatment of qualified plan design begins with a discussion of the characteristics of particular qualified plans in order to provide a foundation for the student to understand, in a general way, what they can accomplish for an employer. The focus of the course then changes to an examination of the three areas that employers need to address in deciding on the right plan.
Those three areas involve:
- What the plan should accomplish for the company
- Who the plan should favor
- How much can be allocated to pay for the plan
Following a discussion of these three general areas of employer concern, the course looks at how to identify employer objectives. Finally, the student’s attention is focused on the more analytical aspects of plan design: matching the common employer objectives with the appropriately qualified plan.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Outline the basis of suitably qualified plan recommendations.
- Describe the benefits that employers normally seek by establishing qualified plans.
- Explain the ways that plan design may differ for employers based on their size.
- Outline the basic characteristics of qualified plans.
- Determine how qualified plans meet specific employer needs.
- Identify how modifications to basic plans help qualified plan sponsors achieve their goals.
- Delineate the importance of qualified plan data gathering.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
Qualifies and Approved with All State Boards of Accountancy and the following sponsorship’s: