- Credits: 2
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Law
- Author/Speaker: Danny Santucci
General understanding of federal income taxation.
|Course ID:||EWTFM-T-01968-22-S | 6233-CE-0656 | DS-216.22|
|Published Date:||Feb 2022|
Estate planning is when tomorrow becomes today! As a result of recent legislation, estate planning has been made surprisingly simple. This mini-course surveys wills, living trusts, gifts, insurance, marital property, and probate avoidance. The will and trust forms are explored along with living wills, durable powers of attorney, and nominations of conservators.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Recognize members of the estate planning team including their role in the estate administration process, specify the unlimited marital deduction requirements, cite the applicable exclusion amount, and identify the effects of stepped-up basis particularly, the repealed of modified carryover basis.
- Determine the limits of a simple will and the advantages and disadvantages of living trusts.
- Identify specialized estate planning tools and how they permit clients to pass more wealth and save death taxes, cite the uses of a durable power of attorney, and specify instances when a conservatorship is appropriate.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Other Tax Return Preparer (OTRP)