||Field Of Study
|Interactive Self Study
Ethics for New York CPAs: Tax Concentration
This is an ethics course for New York CPAs with a taxation concentration covering standards of professional conduct and business practices adhered to by accountants such as CPAs in order to enhance their profession and maximize idealism, justice and fairness when dealing with the public, clients and other members of their profession. It also presents an approach --the threats and safeguards approach –to coping with ethical dilemmas. Also included are some cases of AICPA ethics violations. Chapter 3 covers the Standards for Tax Professionals and IRS Circular 230. Chapter 4 deals specifically with New York State rules on ethics as found in the NYS Law, Rules and Regulations.
Who Should Attend: Licensed New York CPAs with a taxation concentration
Chapter 1: Ethics and Ethical Reasoning
Chapter 2: AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
Chapter 3: Ethical Standards for Tax Services
Chapter 4: New York State Ethics for CPAs
• Recognize ethical reasoning used by accountants.
• Identify different principles and rules of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
• Identify independence and objectivity issues.
• Recognize ethical standards and violations.
• Identify elements of AICPA’s standards for tax services.
• Recognize rules from IRS Circular 230 as they apply to tax services.
• Recognize conduct deemed unprofessional by the state of New York.
• Identify rules for work paper retention and reportable events.
• Recognize rules on ethics for commissions and referral fees, and the competency requirements for attest and compilation services.