||Field Of Study
|Interactive Self Study
Ethics for Colorado CPAs
This is an ethics course for Colorado CPAs covering standards of professional conduct and business practices adhered to by accountants such as CPAs in order to enhance their profession and maximize idealism, justice and fairness when dealing with the public, clients and other members of their profession. It also presents an approach --the threats and safeguards approach –to coping with ethical dilemmas. Also included are some cases of AICPA ethics violations. Chapter 3 and the appendices cover Colorado Rules of the State Board of Accountancy, the Revised Statutes and Policies adopted by the Board.
Who Should Attend: Colorado Licensed CPAs
- Chapter 1: Ethics and Ethical Reasoning
- Chapter 2: AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Chapter 3: Colorado Rules and Regulations
• Recognize ethical reasoning used by accountants.
• Identify different principles and rules of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
• Identify independence and objectivity issues.
• Recognize ethical standards and violations.
• Identify disciplinary actions by the Board.
• Recognize Colorado State Board licensing requirements.
• Identify different naming requirements for CPA firms.
• Recognize CPE requirements.