||Field Of Study
|Interactive Self Study
||Colleen Neuharth McClain, CPA
Accounting Practitioner’s Documentation for Risk Management
Risk management for accounting professionals begins with accepting engagements with clients and does not end until the date on which record retention requirements expire. Along the way, practitioners may encounter special cases in which documentation of accounting information becomes more complex.
This course will provide an overview of engagement documentation and retention for various types of engagements.
Who Should Attend:
• List the key points to cover in welcome letters to which clients agree before an engagement begins;
• Recognize proper terminology about assurances and responsibilities of parties in compilation, review, and audit engagements;
• Identify types of specialized engagement letters that offer the best defensive terms in unusual or high-risk engagements;
• Recognize common pitfalls in the conduct of engagements with individual clients as well as business clients requesting compilation, review, audit, attestation, and litigation support services; and
• Identify the types of regulatory and standards-setting bodies that impose record retention provisions for accounting.