||Field Of Study
|Interactive Self Study
Colleen Neuharth McClain, CPA
Retirement Planning for Expatriates to Belize
This course helps CPAs advise clients who are potential expatriate retirees to prioritize their choices for their lifestyle in an adopted country—what’s vital to have in a home abroad, how to maximize income and minimize taxes, what possessions to take and how to get them there, activities that help overcome culture shock, and even how to repatriate to the United States. This timely course assists retirees who plan to join the millions of Americans who live the great life abroad.
Who Should Attend: All CPA's
• Describe how an expat’s experiences of a locale differ from those of tourists;
• Begin to prioritize what features drive the choice of an adopted country;
• Note the types of tax planning involved in expatriating and subsequent tax reporting;
• Compare financial expenses and resources available in the adopted country versus the United States;
• Determine which types of property are preferable to bring to the adopted country or obtain after the move; and
• Be aware that success in repatriating requires financial and emotional preparation.