||Field Of Study
|Interactive Self Study
Colleen Neuharth McClain, CPA
Retirement Planning for Expatriates to Costa Rica
This course helps CPAs advise clients who are potential expatriate retirees to prioritize their choices for their lifestyle in Costa Rica—what’s vital to have in a home abroad, how to maximize income and minimize taxes, what possessions to take and how to get them there, activities that help overcome culture shock, and even how to repatriate to the United States. This timely course assists retirees who plan to join the millions of Americans who live the great life abroad.
Who Should Attend: All CPA's
• Recognize how an expat’s experiences of a locale differ from those of tourists;
• Recognize the unique environmental and cultural features of Costa Rica;
• Identify types of priorities that drive the choice of an adopted country;
• Identify the types of tax planning involved in expatriating and subsequent tax reporting;
• Recognize financial expenses and resources available in Costa Rica versus the United States;
• Identify which types of property are preferable to bring to the adopted country or obtain after the move; and
• Recognize that success in repatriating requires financial and emotional preparation.