||Field Of Study
|Interactive Self Study
|Annual Federal Tax Refresher
Annual Federal Tax Refresher
Each year, various limits affecting income tax return preparation and tax planning may be affected by inflation-related changes. In addition, new tax laws come into being that may significantly affect taxpayers’ income tax liability. This course will examine many of those changes. The Annual Federal Tax Refresher course is designed to meet the requirements of the IRS Annual Filing Season program. It discusses new tax law and recent updates for the upcoming filing season, provides a general tax review, and examines important rules governing tax return preparer ethics, practices and procedures.
Who Should Attend:
Registered Tax Preparers Participating in the Annual Filing Season Program
**SPECIAL NOTE** No credit will be given to Enrolled Agents as this course is a "refresher" and considered below your knowledge level.
Exemptions: Please visit the following web address to find out if you are exempt from the AFTR Course. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/ceproviderafsqanda.pdf
Upon completion of this course, a tax return preparer should be able to: • Apply the inflation-adjusted and other limits to the proper preparation of taxpayers’ income tax returns;
• Calculate taxpayers’ additional tax liability resulting from any individual shared responsibility payment;
• Recognize the federal income tax filing statuses and the criteria for their use;
• Identify the types of income that must be recognized;
• Apply the tax rules to the various credits and adjustments to income available to taxpayers;
• Recognize the penalties that may be imposed on a preparer for failing to meet ethical and practice standards in preparing tax returns;
• Identify the duties and restrictions imposed on tax preparers under Circular 230.