- Credits: 5
- Format: OnDemand® Webinar
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Update
- Author/Speaker: MaryJane Hourani
|Program Prerequisites:||General Understanding Taxes|
|Course ID:||EWTFM-U-01822-21-O | 6233-CE-0540|
|Published Date:||© June 2021|
This course is designed for practitioners in their first through fifth years of practice. This course provides a critical discussion of tax preparation with a theoretical and practical study of Form 1040 and certain accompanying schedules.
Some topics are discussed more in-depth to clarify issues related to those selected topics. This course will also familiarize practitioners with Ethical dilemmas, with careful consideration of EITC Due Diligence.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Determine Preparer Rules and Responsibilities
- Be familiar with tax-specific terminology.
- Establish a taxpayer’s filing requirements and status.
- Determine who is eligible to be claimed as a dependent.
- Recognize and report different types of income and adjustments to income.
- Understand legislation passed in response to COVID-19 Pandemic affecting taxpayers.
- Compare itemized deductions and the standard deduction.
- Describe several nonrefundable and refundable income tax credits.
- Determine documents required for EITC Due Diligence.
- Understand Confidentiality, Privacy, and Disclosure Policies.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Other Tax Return Preparer (OTRP)