Please join us for an introductory course in international cross-border transactions. We will discuss typical situations in which a cross-border transaction arises, and how a taxpayer can utilize the rules to potentially decrease an
entity's effective tax rate. Other issues, such as documentation and IRS audit risk will also be covered. These rules will be illustrated by a hypothetical US-Canada transaction.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Identify a cross-border transaction and be able to discuss potential implications.
- Determine potential audit risks involved with cross-border transactions.
- Explain the role of a competent authority, advanced pricing agreements, and other alternative methods in reducing audit risk.
- Understand the types of contemporaneous documentation needed.
- Apply these principles to decrease an entity’s effective tax rate.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Other Tax Return Preparer (OTRP)
Qualifies and Approved with all State Boards of Accountancy and the following sponsorships: